This week I’ll share two techniques using oil pastels
Artists Oil Pastel Crayons
Light Color Card stock
- Use a combination of two or more oil pastel crayons; apply these pastels to cover in a desired pattern over the light card stock.
- You will want this application rather thick.
- Use a foam brush to apply gesso over the oil pastel background.
- If your gesso is too thick, you can wet the foam brush with a little bit of water.
- Allow the gesso to dry thoroughly.
- Use a piece of medium grade sandpaper to lightly sand off some of the gesso.
- Note: You can sand in one direction and then another if desired.
- Add finishing touch to your project.
Technique No. 2
Artists Oil-Pastel Crayons
Tim Holtz Cling Stamps
Archival Black Ink
You can find all of these supplies here:
|oil crayon application|
|Finished Example using pearl dabber paint on pearl dabber paint.|
I came up with this technique using oil pastels back in April. I shared it on OWSE group and then a project over on my blog for Grungy Monday. The instructions are the same as the first technique with the except using Pearl Dabber paint, Archival Ink and I didn't sand this technique.
This is my first piece using this technique. I used Hearts in Touch Rubber Stamps on this example using Pearl Dabber paint on Oil Pastel Crayons.