a tag I made using
Tim Holtz idea-ology
The 36 pages are 5" x 8."
Clicking on the highlighted links will take you to OWSE club. You need to sign in to view prices.
Papillon Cling Mount Stamps
Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers Tag Die
Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die
Tim Holtz Distress ink:
Blending ink tool
Clear rock candy
Studio Multi-Medium Matte
Small paint brush
White card stock
14 pt. file folder (Staples)
1) I used my Vagabond with Movers & Shapers bookplate die to cut a tag.
Designers Note: I use
14 pt. heavy-duty file folders with my tag die; the smooth finish works well for many of my crafting needs.
2) Place tag on craft sheet; apply Dusty Concord inks to foam applicator; in a circle motion cover the right side of tag working down and across bottom of tag. And then add Brushed Corduroy on clean foam applicator in center and then apply Tumbled Glass to the left of tag. Next, apply Broken China over the Tumbled Glass. And then, add Fired Brick over the Dusty Concord. Blending as needed to get the colors desired.
3) While still wet sprinkle a little water over the tag.
Designers Note: This is done by taking the tag to the sink. Add a very small amount of water in the palm of your hand and sprinkle the tag with a few drops.
4) Quickly heat set to dry.
5) Stamp script with Sepia ink over the inked background.
6) Stamp butterflies with black ink. Heat set to dry.
7) Stamp an addition butterfly on white card stock using sepia ink.
8) Cut out butterfly.
9) Add multi-medium matte as an adhesive to center of butterfly, adhere butterfly to tag.
10) Add Distress Stickles over butterfly. Heat set to dry.
1) To begin: crumble one sheet of Kraft glassine papers three times.
2) Cut three flowers in one pass using Tim Holtz Alterations “Tattered Florals” die with you’re choice of a die cutting machine. I used my Vagabond die cutting tool.
3) Layer the three flower die cuts; punch a tiny hole in center. Add brad to hold the flower together.
4) Add rhinestone to center.
5) Crunch the flower to resemble a real flower.
6) Use multi-medium matte to adhere flower to tag.
7) Place brass stencil on tag, use paint brush to paint the number 5 with black dabber paint. Remove stencil and clean with water. Allow to dry.
8) Add fibers to finish this tag.
Close-up of finished tag.
Thanks for looking and come back soon!