Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Technique/Christmas In July

We're celebrating Christmas in July!

I wanted to share a couple of things with you today. 

Embossing folders often get forgotten in our drawers.  Sizzix-Snowflurries Texture Fade
is what I'm using today.  You get both the snowman and the snowflake folders for one price!
Coupled with Tim Holtz Seasonal Paper Stash it makes an adorable vintage Christmas card.

 Here I wanted to show you you can get different effects depending on which side you emboss with.  I sanded both embossed images with Tim Holtz Sanding Grip Start light and see how it goes.
Then I dabbed some Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Paint lightly on the embossed areas.

 You'll probably notice Tim Holtz papers are doubled sided.  One side is a solid color. One side has images on it.  I've cut out one that has my sentiment on it. 
Even with several layers, the card is still flat enough to mail for 46cents!

One more tip.  I love RECYCLING old Christmas Cards.
I cut the sentiment from an old Christmas card, cut it out with decorative scissors.  You can get a similar oval here.
All my layers were adhered using 1/4 inch Scor-Tape.

If you're interested in any of the products I've used, just click on the unlined words and it will direct you to our store. 

Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium

DISCOUNT CLUB

 where you'll save  

20-25% off of Retail on our entire inventory

You simply can't beat that!

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great weekend!


No comments: