Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Feature-Gelatos & fabric

I've just gotten some gelatos.  Wanted to give them a try.
The gift bag was plain white.
I started by drawing some circles with yellow, grey and pink.
To activate them, you use water.  I used my aqua painter and "painted" the background.
 
My second step was to use my script stamp and brown archival ink.
I then took a small stamp (it came with my set of gelatos) and stamped randomly with pigment inks.
I used yellow & pale green.
 To make my flowers, I collaged fabric onto a packaging envelope (pulled out of the trash) then ran it thru my big shot using a Stampin Up die.  I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage photo ink.  Added some pearl embellishments for the centers.  The leaves were cut with my cricut.
 As always, I wanted to bring in something vintage-so I layered string pearls, lace & ribbon to tie my tag to the handle.
 I attached my flowers with dimensionals.  If you've ever used them-they stick really well.
Hope this will inspired you to make your own gift bag.

As always-you can get most of these supplies from our shop @ Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium -the prices are ALWAYS 20-25% lower than retail. 

Thanks for stopping by!!  Have a blessed Friday!

Karen Conner

5 comments:

mamablitger said...

Karen you did a great job on this cute gift bag. It turnes out very romantic and vintage. Great idea !!
Can I ask where you can buy stringed pearls ? Not loose pearls on a string. But connected to cut apart in the measurement you need ...
Thank you for sharing the pretty gift bag.
Hugs from SPAIN

Kathleen Jones said...

So pretty Karen! I love all of the details. This beautiful bag is a wonderful gift all by itself. You make using the Gelatos seem so easy; I do believe that I will have to save my pennies to buy a set.
Thank you so much for a wonderful tutorial.

Unknown said...

gorgeous gift bag! I just got some gelatos too. I haven't tried them out yet!

Stamped Impressions said...

Beautiful Bag!

krcmasterpiece said...

I bought these at Joann's Fabrics. Also try Wild Orchid Flowers. I love using them1