Friday, December 13, 2013

Mixed Media Christmas Tags-Fingers beware!!

Are you ready to have some fun??
 
 I had to piece together a gift box to wrap a gift and had some pieces left over. What's a girl to do?
Cut them up into tag sizes!! Of course!
After I had cut them into various sizes, I covered them with black gesso. Then the fun began!!
 I rubbed some white gesso on-with my fingers....got some stencils out and did some stenciling with Traditions Acrylic Paint.  Don't forget to turn your stencil over & dab the left over paint somewhere too!
Found an old tooth brush (I thought about using my husbands-but decided that would be a Grinch attitude & since this is Christmas-I'd better be nice or Santa won't come!)
Flicked some white Traditions Acrylic Paint around (I didn't use my finger -I scraped it with an old credit card)
 I ripped up some small pieces of Tim Holtz tissue paper & some left over cello paper with white swirls and glued onto various spots with Liquitex Matte Medium Gel.  Took a white gel pen and did some doodling as well.
When completely dry-I embellished them!  Used some stuff in my stash.  Sentiments from Stampin Up.  Cardstock from MME.  Seam binding.  Diecuts from K and Company.
 Used Kaisercraft Christmas Tradition designer paper and made the angel.  Cut the holly leaves with my cricut.
They all turned out great!  They have found a home on my Christmas packages.
I hope this inspires YOU to have some fun and play a little!

You can find the high lighted items at Robyn's store:  Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium
All prices are 20-25% less than retail. 


Thanks for stopping by,
Karen Conner

4 comments:

Stamped Impressions said...

These are fabulous!

Cindi E said...

These are fabulous Karen...love my Traditions paints, they are so versatile!

mamablitger said...

Oh Karen.....what a great idea. They are just fabolous !!!! Just LOVE them !!
Thanks a lot for sharing your lovely project. So nice to soak inspiration from artists like you.
Hugs from SPAIN

Unknown said...

these are adorable. glad I'm not the only one who works often with my fingers. Even an old credit card would be an improvement for me. I just seem to love getting into the mess of it all.