Friday, January 10, 2014

Mixed Media Tag

Everyone is loving mixed media. What does that really mean? You can use anything you want!
 
I started with a Prima tag, Liquitex modeling paste and a clock stencil.  Allow to dry before continuing.
 I went thru my stash and dug up some chipboard flowers, a heart I had left over from another project and some buttons.  Dug thru my alphabet letters and found these thickers and spelled adore.  I glued them on with Scotch Adhesive glue and E6000 (on the two larger buttons)

I sprayed several inks alternating with water to allow it to drip and run.  (we have new Lindy's Stamp Gang spray inks in the shop!!)
 
Using my Traditions liner paint brush, I took dark brown paint and went around each item (water it down) and it gives a good shadow.
 
Using my finger and some Rub and Buff-I started hitting the higher areas.


My finished tag!  GORGEOUS!

Here's a close up of all the textures.  I put some heart bling in various places.

I hope this will inspire you to try your hand at some mixed media. 

If you need some supplies-check out Robyn's store  Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.  Her prices are ALWAYS 20-25% less than retail.

If you join our group-she also gives additional discounts.  We have a facebook page too.  Check it out!!

Thanks!
Karen Conner

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Your tag turned out so pretty :)
I have been dabbling in mixed media, it is so much fun :)