Friday, April 18, 2014

Alter mats to fit your frames

Happy Friday!!
 
One of the things I like to do for my photo's s alter the mats that fit in the frames.
 
They started as plain chipboard mats.
Give them a good coating of gesso and then start your magic!
 Using acrylic paint, I painted a base coast of cream.  You can faintly make out the vine-right?
I heat embossed a stamped vine image next using versa mark and clear embossing powder.

Next I used a stamp with script words using black archival ink.  Once your finished, I went around the edges with vintage photo distress ink.

Viola' -you've changed a plain mat into a designer style!!

 This one I painted up and down with acrylic inks until I achieved the antique/vintage look I was going for and then coated it with Ranger crackle.  Look at the cool results!
Robyn carries ALL the supplies Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.  The prices are 20=25% lower than retail everyday!!  Check it out.

Thanks for stopping by.
Karen Conner

1 comment:

Retta said...

Great mats! So fun!