Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My August Tag for 2014



Tim says, create showing your own creative muse for August tag.
http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-august/
 I had a lot of fun making this piece!
 I was inspired to play with stamps by Ranger to make my tag for 12 Tags of 2014 ~August.
I follow my creative muse following the use of tissue tape, stamping and adding texture and then used Dina Wakley image from "Face in the Crowd" over the tissue tape.
I looked through my stencils and found a flower design. It was used to add a thin layer of modeling paste on my tag and then aside to dry. Once dry, I applied distress stains to my craft sheet as Tim shares on his blog; link above. I used wild honey, victorian velvet, broken china, bundled sage and tumbled glass. I loved the bright colors the stain produced over the tag. And then it was time to finish my tag.

In a few places around the tag I applied Tim's burlap layering stencil with vintage photo distress ink. This really stood out when I did the final step with distress embossing ink and distress powder.

12 years ago on my first yahoo group, I put a washer over an eye on a stamped image similar to what I've done today. Estelle, the owner of the group asked me what inspired me to add a washer over her eye?
Working on my tag today, I felt like I needed to do a repeat and with a twist so I attached a piece of film strip with a mini stapler across the tag and over eye with a distress painted sprocket gear.

I applied 140 lb. watercolor paper to a round metal charm, stained it with distress inks and then added remnant rubs. It was then adhered to tag using one of Tim's brads with ring.

Years ago, Tim had tiny clips; I still have some in my stash. Broken china paint was used to distress the clip and then applied to tag with clip hugging around tag as seen in photo. I used one of his sprocket gears distressed with broken china paint and a brad on to the top clip. Doing so made my gear spin. I also added several more sprocket gears together adding broken china to one gear and then adding game spinner and brad to my tag.
Distress embossing ink was added around the tag followed by vintage photo distress powder, pouring off extra and then heat set.
A piece of vintage ribbon was sprayed with water and then add a few coordinate distress stains on craft sheet, rub ribbon into inks and then wrinkle, set aside to dry or heat set to dry.
  
Add to tag.
My tag has spinning gears, raised flower designs, sprocket gears and game spinner.


"Follow Your Heart"

I used these products on my tag:
distress stains, distress paints, tissue tape, film strip ribbon,
distress powder, distress inks, distress embossing ink, 
mini stapler, remnant rubs, burlap layering stencil, craft sheet.
 sprocket gears, game spinner, mini clip and a few brads.
Archival black ink and heat it tool, mini applicator, modeling paste, vintage ribbon, watercolor paper and a round charm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments....post yours here.