Friday, November 27, 2015
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
I used my Vagabond to make a burlap and manila tag using Tim's tag die. I used my xyron to adhere the tags together.
Next, I used Tim's layering stencil with texture paste on tag. Later after paste was dry, I used distress ink to color the numbers with ink blending tool.
Walnut and burlap distress inks were used on burlap before adding other items to tag.
I used three remnant rubs; it a wonderful life and both numbers on stamped image. Distress markers were used to add color to stamped image. Black distress marker was used around the finished words at bottom of tag.
Crinkle ribbon was inked with distress stain.
Tiny buttons were used with loop pins and attached to bow.
I used Tim's newest tiny flower dies on this tag. A glue gun is the only way to finish the flowers as Tim suggested. I added a tiny bit of distress ink to each flowers on this tag.
On the upper right and bottom left are photocopies from a vintage hang tag that was on a bolt of organdy I bought years ago. I used matte glue n seal over photocopied ephemera.
I applied a ephemera rose postage stamp from 1995 on my tag and then sealed it with matte glue n seal.
This is Tim's beautiful tag: http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2015-may/
I had fun making my tag! Thanks Tim for the inspiration!
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
Today I'm sharing a tag I made for 12 Tags of 2015 for January.
This is my short tutorial.
Postale tissue wrap was applied with Glue n’ seal on #8 manila tag and then using my finger I applied Chipped sapphire, Broken china and Salty ocean distress paint. A little spray of Brown spray ink was applied over tag with excess wiped off.
I added chitchat, followed by Glue n’ seal over tag and then black soot marker underscoring quotes.
Pumice stone distress glitter was applied to die cut 2015 numbers and then applied to tag.
Watered down Distress white picket paint was used with stiff brush to apply a sprinkle of paint over tag.
Salty ocean and broken china are used to color crinkle ribbon.
A mirrored star was added to tag with glue n' seal.