Welcome to Technique Tuesday!
By Judy Cantrell
This is a technique using acrylic paints and
junk advertisment that would
otherwise be thrown away.
1. Cut a piece of card stock or see note below
1a. Place cardstock down on craft sheet.
Note: this can be any color of card stock or a stiff piece of advertisement that comes in the mail that would otherwise be thrown in the trash. My sample was made with junk mail I got this week trying to sell me a hearing aid.
2. Use brayer to apply coordinating colors of acrylic paint on card stock/junk advertisment. The first color is transulent. Let dry before applying the second color. The second color was opaque. If you look close you can see the advertisment. When finished it is invisible.
3. Pour out a small amount of gesso out on a throw away piece of plastic. Use a dry brush to apply a little bit of white gesso on painted panel.
3a. Trim piece 4" x 5 1/4"
4. Stamp frame with coordinating acrylic paint on matte coated white card stock. Trim frame but leave a narrow white boarder around stamped frame panel. Stamp flower image in center of frame with back ink.
5. Cut and apply to trimmed black card stock.
6. Apply frame panel to painted background panel.
7. Use black permanent ink to stamp sentiment.
8. Apply painted panel to a 4 ¼” x 5
White Card stock
Black card stock
Shop for these supplies on OWSE