Hello, friends. It's Melody with another Friday Feature here on the Outlaw Women's blog. I'm not sure where last week went, but I completely missed getting a post up. It seems if I blink, another month is gone. Is it really December tomorrow?
Today I made a card using one new die and a couple of older ones. I just love using the wonderful dies that are available. It saves so much time not having to cut things out by hand. I recently purchased the tattered poinsettia die by Tim Holtz/Sizzix, so I wanted to put it to work, but not as a poinsettia. Don't be surprised... I've always been somewhat of a rebel, with a need to be different. I wanted a sunflower. Although we don't have any snow on the ground yet, we have had some flurries, but I'm just not quite ready to leave autumn behind and face winter's cold and snow.
My base card is kraft and everything else is die cut from a manila file folder. I used a lot of ink to change the color, though.
I die cut a vintage cabinet card and then embossed it with the bricked embossing folder. I randomly added color with a foam ink applicator using tea dye, scattered straw, brushed corduroy, aged mahogany, and weathered wood distress inks, and then added vintage photo around the edges.
For the sunflower, using the tattered poinsettia die, I cut two each of the small and medium flowers, the flower center and a few extra petals from the medium flower to use as leaves. To color them, I pulled out mustard seed, peeled paint and vintage photo distress stains. I also swiped the peeled paint over another piece of card stock, and then cut a stem from that. I added some rusty hinge and vintage photo distress ink to the flower petals and vintage photo to the edges of the leaves. To give the flower more dimension, I curled the petals a bit with my fingers, and also attached some dimensional foam tape underneath. I used a black marker to add some veins on the leaves.
For the sentiment, I die cut one of the styled labels, stamped the sentiment from Impression Obsession with jet black archival ink and then trimmed off the ends of the lable. I wanted it to match the background piece, so I used a small square punch to remove a bit in each corner.
A few extra details were added with black ink and 1/4" square punch outs.
I hope you enjoyed my card today. Many of the products used can be purchased from Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium. Thanks for stopping by.