Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Feature - fabric flowers

Hi friends.  Today I have some fabric flowers that I made as my submission for Tim Holtz' tattered florals challenge

I pulled some fabric from my stash and die cut LOTS of flowers with the tattered florals die.  I used large flowers, which I folded into fourths.  I stitched across the folded corner to keep them from unfolding and then glued layers of four onto a fabric circle.  I put on three layers of the large flower and two layers of the small flower.  Then I added another layer of small flowers in between the two sizes to smooth the transition from large to small.  I added a pearl in the center.  This flower is actually quite heavy with all the layers and glue. 

I made a second flower, using the same folding technique, but stitching the pieces together instead of gluing.  There are only two layers on this one, with one small flower in the center underneath the button.  This one is not nearly as fluffy as the other one. 

The tattered florals die is available at Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I like! Had recently purchased some fabric to do fabric flowers. Am still looking for the time though! lol

Stamped Impressions said...

Beautiful!

Cindi E said...

Pretty Melody. I used some white lining material to cut flowers with while at my art retreat and stained them with Distress stains, then roughed them up and let them unravel a bit...cool stuff!

The Crafty Nurse said...

Does that die go thru the Cuttlebug?
Thanks,
parn90@gmail.com

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Yes it does. That's the machine I use.