Welcome to Technique Tuesday!!
By Judy Cantrell
Compendium of Curiosities Water Stamping page 35
By Tim Holtz
Ink blending tool with foam applicator
Tag or cardstock with smooth finish
- Start with a craft sheet down on work table. Next, ink your blending tool with distress ink; start on the outside edges working in a circular motion.
- Continue inking using various distress inks until you are pleased with the results.
Note: Tim’s suggestion; use inks with bold deep colors for best results.
- Ink your stamp with embossing ink.
- Mist your stamp with a fine mist water sprayer. This is where it might take a few tries to get just enough water on stamp.
- Press stamp down on your distress inked background. Lift off immediately dry the wet image using a heat tool. As the image dries your water stamping image appears.
- Finish using your choice of embellishments and stamps.
Note: I replaced water with a mixture of Perfect Pearls powder [perfect pearl] mixed with water in a Mini-Mister as my example.