Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Feature - Peace Tag

Hi friends.  It's Melody with a Friday Feature for you.  I thought I was going to create a quick tag... well, I did create a tag, but it sure wasn't quick.  I think to reproduce it would be quick, but I tend to be very slow when I create.  I rarely have a plan; I just decide what I'm going to do as I create.  Even when I start out with an idea in my head, the finished project usually has no resemblance to that idea. 

I started out thinking I wanted to use a rosette made from some very old gold wrapping paper that I have.  So I made that and knew I was going to like that on my project.  I was going to die cut a shape to use as a tag, but tried a couple and didn't like either one, so I pulled out a pre-cut tag to work with. 

I used the wrinkle-free distress technique to add color to the tag.  I used iced spruce, evergreen bough and scattered straw distress inks, smooshed them on my craft sheet, spritzed with water and then pressed the tag into the ink.  I dried it with my heat gun, and then repeated putting it into the ink and heating it a couple more times. 

Then I randomly stamped some snowflakes from a Recollections Christmas stamp set with pine needles distress ink.  I added vintage photo with a foam ink applicator. 

I stamped the sentiment with jet black archival ink on ivory card stock, cut a 'V' into the ends to create a banner, added vintage photo ink and backed it with some hunter green.  I put a couple of pleats in the banner and attached it to the tag with dimensional foam tape. 

I cut three 1/4" strips of red card stock and glued them to the tag.  I attached the gold rosette over the strips and then made a flower from the smallest blossom on the tattered poinsettia die and a small flower punch.  Both of these were also edged with vintage photo ink.  In the center of the flower, I made a bunch of dots with a black copic marker and covered it with glossy accents. 

I cut some green and white yarn and attached that through the hole in the top of the tag. 

It was hard to get a good photo, because the rosette is so shiny and refected the camera flash. 

Many of the products used can be found at Outlaw Women's Scrapbook Emporium

I hope you enjoyed my tag today.  Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Cindi E said...

This is really pretty Melody! And I love the color combination of Pine Needles and Vintage Photo.
I think I'll try one!

Unknown said...

love it Melody! Great job!

Robyn said...

Fabulous Tag!!