Friday, September 13, 2013

Create your picture using basic supplies

 
I wanted to share a new project I completed using several products that can be purchased at our shop.
 I used a 10x12 board for my surface.  I picked up 4 of them at a yard sale for 50cents!  You can upcycle almost any surface.  Apply one (sometimes take 2) coats of GESSO. 
 That will cover up whatever your background had on it. I then ripped and crumpled up blue and green tissue paper. I glued it down with Liquitex Matte Acrylic Gel.

Using Traditions paint (browns, greens, blue and white) I sponged the sky, added trees and shadows in the grass.
 I cut out a church with some designer paper.  I had taken a picture of a church that I liked and cut the features out to match it.  Used my Liquitex matte gel and glued it down.  In order to "blend" your paper to the background (including the words of faith that I printed from my computer) you want to use a small brush and outline the edges and the inside elements of the church. I used yellow, dark brown and kind of smear it.  That's when your fingers come in handy! LOL
I hope you like it.  I hope your inspired to try your own!  Thanks for stopping by today.

Be sure and check out the shop Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium where everything is discounted 20-25% EVERYDAY!!!

Karen Conner

No comments: