Friday, April 25, 2014

Ink technique on canvas

 
 
Happy Friday!!
Karen here with another amazing background!
This is a 9x14 flat canvas.
Did you know you can punch holes in it with your Croc-A-dile?
Isn't that COOL!

 I painted 2 coats of white gesso on the canvas first.  Then I used the dabber distress inks.  Blue, green and polished nickel.  It's my favorite way to build the backgrounds.  I hit it on the canvas pretty hard while squeezing-you get a big SPLAT!  Then give it some spritz of water & hold the canvas up and let it spread.  I got my heat tool out and start blowing the ink around.  You may need to splat some more until you get the look you want. 

I printed this gorgeous drawing (by Retta) and colored it with colored pencils-spray it with a sealer before gluing it onto your canvas.  I adhered it with mat medium.  I used gelatos in blue and black to go around the edges. 

I love how this turned out.  It will make someone with a beach theme very happy!
I hope you'll go over to Robyn's shop and get all your crafting needs!!  You'll get  20%-25% off everyday!

No comments: