Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Technique Tuesday ~ Easel Calendar




Welcome to Technique Tuesday

This project would make a nice gift for someone special.
The size of calendar is small and fits perfect near my computer desk. 



 Supplies:


Tag and Bookplate die(Sizzix)

Stamp CMS # 001 (StampersAnonymous)

TH Tattered Pinecone andleaf die (Sizzix)

TH Easel die (Sizzix)

Card stock (personal stash)

Vagabond tool (Sizzix)

Iridescent pearlescent medium (Liquitex)

Adirondack Paint Dabber (Ranger Ink)

Perfect Pearls HeirloomGold (Ranger ink)

Archival Black ink (RangerInk)

TH Distress stain (RangerInk)

Clear embossing powder (Hampton Arts)

Craft sheet (Ranger Ink)

Heat Tool (Ranger Ink)

Ink blending tool(Ranger Ink)

TH Distress ink pads(Ranger Ink)

Perfect Image Positioner (PIP)

Manila 14 pt Heavy duty folder (Staples)

Seam binding (Martha Stewart)

Cordless glue gun (Loctite)

Advanced Tape Glider (Scotch)

Seam binding (personal stash)

Black card stock

Stapler (personal stash)

Scissors (personal stash)


Instructions:
1. Vagabond tool was used to die cut #8 tag using manila folder and tag die.

2. The tag was placed on craft sheet. The tag was painted with a thin layer of pearlescent medium followed by several colors of distress inks and finished by spraying a mist of heirloom gold. If the color is too dark, a simple spray of water will remove some of the color. Always heat set to dry. Using a variety of distress inks can be achieved to get the desired color on your tag.

3. Perfect positioner was used to stamp a perfect alignment of image and then adding clear embossing ink and heat to set.

4. Thanks Lizabeth from RRA; she supplied a link for the calendar:


5. The calendar pages were printed and trimmed 2 3/8” x 2 7/8.” They were stapled, mat to black card stock and then applied to tag with tape glider.

Note: I made an extra January page to cover up the staples just for the photo and later was pulled off when February rolled around.

6. The rose was made using Pinecone die and Kraft paper. The directions can be found on Tim Holtz blog:

The rose was painted to complement the tag using a variety of inks, stains and dabber paints.

7. The leaf die was made using Kraft paper. It was inked with green distress stain. Hot glue gun was used to apply leaf die cut top left of calendar.

8. Hot glue gun was used to apply the rose over leaf.

9. A heavy duty piece of file folder was used to die cut the easel and then applied to back of tag for a fold out stand.

10. Seam binding was applied to top of tag to finish.

Note:
This is a project I made and was published on Rubber Road Adventures.

Thanks for Looking!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tut Judy. This can be used in so many ways and I actually have most of what I need to make it. Thanks so much for your talent and willingness to share with us all.
    Sande

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Totally on my to-do list now ... :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments....post yours here.