Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Technique Tuesday ~ Shrine Box




Shrine Box
by
Judy Cantrell

 The image (window) was stamped on a piece of paper to enlarge on clear transparency film using a home printer/scanner. Xyron adhesive was applied to the back of the enlarge window. On a separate sheet of copy paper I applied a direct to paper with distress ink. The transparency window was applied to the paper and cut out with a stencil tool to expose the window opening. Set this aside.

 The image was inked with Archival sepia on glossy cardstock. Watercolor crayons were used to color my image. A DaVinci image was applied to the window frame (shrine).

A box was made to fit the shrine using a box maker.

Kraft paper was distressed with ink and applied to cover the box. The shrine (window) image was applied to the back of box.

Note: The owner of these stamp gave me permission to enlage the stamp.
Supplies:

Rubber Stamps
Distress ink pad: Ranger

Black ink pad

Watercolor crayons

Box Maker

Xyron Adhesive

Inkjet transparency film

Book board
Stencil tool: Walnut Hollow

Glossy cardstock
Kraft paper

10 comments:

Stamped Impressions said...

I would love to hear your comments!

Anonymous said...

beautiful shrine box Judy and I love the tutorial too. I love how you used the transparency thats a great idea and looks amazing.
hugs June

Anonymous said...

Judy it might be worth checking your settings and unticking the 'word verification' and using the email checking for comments, Blogger now has two long wordy words to type in whenever we comment and it puts lots of folk off. I know i changed mine, its up to you but i just thought it might be worth considering ?
hugs June x

Stamped Impressions said...

Thanks for the suggestion! We didn't know it was on.

Stamped Impressions said...

Thank you for the comments, June! I made the box with an Aleene's box maker, bought many years ago before stamping.
I got approval from the rubber stamp company before doing this technique.

Max said...

I really like the old world charm design of this box. Great work Judy. (Maxine)

Robyn said...

Love this Judy.. Fabulous work!

Papernut said...

I really enjoyed this, as I do all your excellent tutorials. Thanks so much for sharing.

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Beautiful box Judy!!!

Maria said...

Oh my heavens this is lovely ... how inspiring, I want to make one now, too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)