Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Guest Artist ~ Dawn Soto

Let's give a Warm Welcome

to

Dawn Soto

she is our

Guest Artist

on Wednesday Women


My name is Dawn Soto and I have been crafting for over 20 years. I live in Ca with my husband of 17 years and our 5 children. I work at one of our local hospitals as a Respiratory therapist to support mypaper habit :)
I started playing around with paper and photos before scrap booking was much more than construction paper and magic markers that evolved into card making and now my true love mini books. Someday I hope to teach mini book classes locally but until then I will work on making my You tube videos. I hope you can come subscribe to my blog as I will have lots more tutorial videos
coming. http://ravensandwritingdesk.blogspot.com/  Thank you OWSE for allowing me this honor.






Supply list

 (1) 12 x 12 double sided card stock.
 A tab of any kind you like. (1) journaling page.
 (7) cards cut 3 3/4 X 2 3/4 for photo mats.

Waterfall Tutorial

#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7

The 4 X 3 cards need to be close to the score line but not on or over it or the cards wont flip up when you pull the tab.

#8


#9
The more you turn the cards back and forth and use your bone folder on the creases the better your pages will turn.
#10

#11
#12

#13

#14

#15

#16
The only part that attaches your waterfall to your page is the 1" tabs on the back of the waterfall.
#17
#18
This part of the page I am pulling is where you will attach you tab. attach it from under the page or you may not be able to close your pages completely.

#19

#20
Now firmly attach your photo mats to each card and enjoy your new waterfall page.

#21

http://ravensandwritingdesk.blogspot.com/ 

Thank you Dawn, this is a fabulous tutorial!!

7 comments:

Dawn S said...

Thank you so much. I hope the waterfall page tutorial is helpful. I have never made one with pictures before and I think I went a little photo crazy =)

Robyn said...

Fabulous tutorial!! Thanks so much for sharing it.

michele hileman said...

WOW. That is awesome. Thank you for sharing with us.

Unknown said...

beautiful job Dawn! I love your blog and all your fabulous minis! I think you will be a great teacher. Go for it!

KatBug said...

Very cool! I'm off to give it a try :-). Thank you for sharing!

Stamped Impressions said...

Thanks for sharing this tutorial!!

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Thanks for sharing such a great & detailed tutorial! I will have to give this a try! :)