Friday, June 27, 2014

Wedding Canvas using diecuts and Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays

Happy Friday Crafters!
 
I'm sharing an 8x10 canvas I made for a newlywed couple.
 
 Using Liquitex gel medium, I glued down lots of diecuts.  Truthfully-they were in my stash.  Except the married couple-that was cut with my cricut.  The swirls were chipboard and were thicker.  They were put on last.

Then I went over the whole canvas with gesso.  You want to coat it really well. Then I took out my Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.  FOUND HERE in Outlaw Women's Scrapbook Emporium Store.
 As you can tell, I used three strips of color.  Overlapped them a tiny bit.  I absolutely adore sprays!!
Warning!  You need to allow each color to dry before adding another one or they'll turn to a mud color!
To add the person touch, I cut the letters out with my Cricut-Jasmine cartridge.  After gluing them down, I went over them with the Liquitex gel medium to secure them forever!!

I had a couple of metal embellishments in my stash that I added top and bottom.

The couple loved their gift! 

I hope this inspires you to make one of your own!

For supplies discounted 20-25% everyday-check out Outlaw Women's Scrapbook Emporium!

Have a terrific day!
Karen Roberts Conner

No comments: