Friday, October 28, 2011

Felonious Friday with Outlaw Gal - Perfect Distress



Hey it's Friday again and it's another Felonious Friday. Today I have the Perfect Distress Technique for you .. By that I mean using Perfect Pearls and Distress Inks.


First I took some Distress Ink and applied some to my Craft Mat. Then a spritz or two of water and I took my tag and wiped it across the ink. I dried it some and applied some more. This is so I get a pattern going on the tag. I wanted a blotchy look. I dried the tag. You have to because next I was going to use some Perfect Pearls and I only wanted the area I stamp in to be wet. I stamped my Snowman and leafy branches with Distress Ink and then right away applied the perfect pearls over it. When you buy the kits of Perfect Pearls they come with the brushes you need. I took the smaller brush to apply the perfect pearls and the larger one to wipe off the area around.. Now the important part is to spritz with water to set the perfect pearls.. Don't forget this step.

I then ran my tag through my Vagabond with a Texture Fade full of Snowflakes..

I edged my tag with Walnut Stain Distress Inks

A lot of Distress Inks were used in this project for sure for sure!!





I stamped my sentiment with Distress Ink again and used the Perfect Pearls not forgetting to spritz with water. I edged the sentiment with Walnut Stain also.

I'm using this tag to go on my Christmas Tree so I applied some trim and on the top made a hanger with the trim and some on the bottom

. Voila once again I have a finished tag with the Perfect Distress Technique!!

My Camera takes horrible pictures so you can't see it shimmering with the perfect pearls

but it tis, it tis!! LOL

You can buy all of the products I used at Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.
See you next week.

1 comment:

Kathy Eddy said...

Great tag Robyn! Lovin' those Distress inks on every project I make.