Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Technique Tuesday by Judy

It all started with double sided designer paper.

Example #1
 Dry brush Liqutex iridescent pearlescent paint over the blue scrapbook paper.
 White gesso over the iridescent paint. This was done with a hit and miss technique with semi-dry brush of white gesso. Let dry.
 Apply Distress Gathered Twig ink over the gesso, with a foam ink blending tool, then spray with water and heat set to dry.
 Apply Distress Ripe Persimmon ink over the gathered twig inked piece with a foam ink blending tool, then spray with water and heat set to dry.
 Apply Distress Aged Mahogany ink with a foam ink blending tool, then spray with water and heat set to dry.
   I love the results of this and would never dream it all started as blue scrapbook paper if I hadn't done it myself.
(the color has not be enhanced)
Example #2

Example #3

In example #3; I sprayed Perfect Pearls Mist Heirloom Gold over example #2 tag and then heat set to dry.

The possibilities are endless what you can do with your stamping supplies!
Do you love to play with ink and paper?
  

4 comments:

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful colors! I am very curious whether it would turn out the same when you start on white CS?!

* Shell B.* said...

Very beautiful......tho I have a question is your white gesso watered down any or is it thick?

Shell~Alaska♥

Stamped Impressions said...

Thank you for the compliments!!
I'll try that and post the results soon.

Stamped Impressions said...

Thank you for your compliments!!
The Gesso I used came straight from the bottle and is in liquid form.