Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Halloween Spread





This spread started out as a technique Robyn shared in chat July 18, 2012. it was then finished a bit different.
This is how I completed this page.
Work quickly to apply a thin coat of gel medium and then apply tissue paper to cover page. Some wrinkling is normal. Dry before going to next step.
Stamp the spider web with archival black ink. Heat Set to Dry.
Leaves by Dylusions was added around the page.
And the stamps from Doodle Parts stamp set by Dylusions.


Ink and stamp tiny bugs and larger spiders by Dylusions.  
Skeleton is from Sizzix Halloween Set; 656236 The skeleton is about 11" tall. It's put together with white brads. I used Copic markers as highlights on the skeleton.
I used semi-moist watercolor crayons from Prang that did well with the tissue paper on this spread.
I used Inkssentials Glue n' Seal by Ranger to glue the skeleton and spider. http://ididitcreations.com/club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=7072

Robyn asked us to use Dylusions or Color Wash to drizzle down the spread. I already had the skeleton down and realize that I missed that step.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats fabulous I love the skeleton he is such fun and love the background too
hugs June x