Thursday, April 25, 2013

Friday Feature - butterflies

Hi everyone.  It's Melody here with the Friday Feature.  Today I decided to make a background using a border stamp and distress markers.  I used the circle border stamp from dylusions around the edge set, and stamped it several times on watercolor paper with jet black archival ink, until the paper was filled.  I colored the circles with distress markers.  Then I trimmed it down to fit an A2 card, and used a foam applicator to add vintage photo distress ink all over.  I inked it a little darker along the edges.  Then I attached it to a black card base. 

I tend to be a lazy stamper and I didn't want to pull out my die cutting machine and dies if I didn't have to.  So I rummaged around in my scraps and found a black butterflight on the edge die cut and a yellow mini butterfly die cut.  Perfect -- I can work with these.  I trimmed the border die cut to fit my card and added vintage photo ink on the edges of the butterfly. 

For the sentiment, I stamped one from Just Thoughts (Tim Holtz) on white card stock and cut out a partial circle.  More vintage photo ink and I put all the pieces together on the card.  The butterfly wings are raised on dimensional foam tape. 

Most of the products I used can be purchased from Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium

Thanks so much for stopping by. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely LOVE this. I want to do something with that quote. It's awesome!

krcmasterpiece said...

I too-love the quote! I've seen a lot done with butterflies lately & I like it. I'm ready for spring! The background colors are eye catching too.

Robyn said...

I third the love for the quote! LOL I'm sooo ready for spring. Love the card and I'm a lazy stamper also.. My dies are across my studio and I'm too lazy to get up and use them. LOL

Unknown said...

I love this card! The quote is perfect, the colors so cheerful! fantastic!