Saturday, May 11, 2013

Heart Collage

I just finished this collage and thought I go through the steps with everyone..

First I took similar paper and collaged the whole substrate.. Then using Claudine Hellmuth paints because they are transparent I painted it. I chose two colors that compliment each other. I traced the heart first over on the top right..

I then proceeded to go to town with stencils and stamps.. another layer was sponging with white paint..

Then the rub ons came out.. I love love Rub ons.. The grungier they go on the better.



After I played with the rub ons I made marks.. Just going around the canvas with a black ink pen that's great over acrylics and scribbled.. I love mark making too.

Above is my finished project..

It is going to my MIL for Mothers Day..

Robyn

1 comment:

krcmasterpiece said...

Love it!
I tried one from my granddaughter to her mom -turned out too dark. They aren't up yet. Can't decide whether to give to her yet or not. I'm not happy with it. I hate giving my art when I'm not thrilled with it.