Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Christmas in July ~ Week #2




Season's Greetings

Today I'll share one of the tags I made December 2011. It's a tags I received lots of hits on my personal blog. I don't know if its because I burned both hands and fingers with a hot glue gun or they really liked this technique. I've used this stamped ink pad many times since 2011 and then if it gets to the point the color is fading all I do is re-ink with the same colors I used originally. I keep my pad in a freezer ziplock bag with the name of colors I used on the outside of bag. Store flat.


Now on with this tag.
I made a stamp using Tim's tutorial:  http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/12/12-tags-of-christmastag-3.html#comments
So happy I had the Cut n' Dry stamp pad felt on hand. I remember the day I saw Tim Holtz do this technique when he was on Carol Duvall Show many years ago.
I made due with the Distress re-inkers I had on hand and stamped on Kraft manila card stock. A little tip, used distress re-inkers, other re-inkers just don't do well.
To finish this tag I made a sprig using Silhouette digital cut images. Added the sprig with hot glue.
Add bling made with alcohol inks. (red berries)
The star at the top is from Tim's idea-ology.

Supplies

Tim Holtz Texture Fades EF (Sizzix)

Tim Holtz Seasons Silhouette Stamp #117 (Stampers Anonymous)

Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers (Ranger)


Cut-n-Dry stamp felt (Ranger)

Acrylic Mounting Block (Tim Holtz)

Tim Holtz Distress inks (Ranger)

Foam Ink Applicator Tool (Inkssentials)

Craft sheet (Ranger)

Glossy Accents (Ranger)

Perfect Pearls Mist (Ranger)

# 8-Tag Die and Bookplate (Tim Holtz/Sizzix)

Sanding Grip (Ranger)

Paper Distresser (Ranger)

# 8 Kraft Manila for Tag
Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter (Silhouette America)
Star 
Bling
Card stock
Watercolors

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful tag! Love the embossing!