Friday, March 14, 2014

Altered Oatmea Canister

Thank goodness it's Friday!!
It's been a long week at work.
I am so happy to get in my art studio at the end of the day!
 
Today I wanted to share a small oatmeal canister I altered.
 
I'm using 3 of Retta's stencils!!
 
 
 
For the base paper I used plain cream cardstock. 
Starting with the cancer ribbon stencil I sponged Festive Berries distress ink.
Over top of that, I sponged purple pigment ink thru Retta's butterfly stencil.
 
I then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.
 The purple cardstock -I used Retta's Hope for a cure stencil in black archival ink.
 To make the purple butterfly pop out more, I outlined it with Tim Holtz distress marker in vintage photo.  I smeared the edges with a aqua painter.  The butterflies were cut using Martha Stewart monarch butterfly punch.
I had so much fun making this!  I love recycling something that's to be thrown away into something useful.
All the products in red can be found in Robyn's shop -Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium

All the prices are 20-25% less than retail EVERY DAY!!!!!

Have a super Friday and be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my canister.

Thanks!
Karen Conner
 

No comments: