Welcome to Technique Tuesday!
By Judy Cantrell
This week my technique is from Compendium of Curiosities
Page 53 ~ Alcohol Ink Agate on Grunge
Adirondack Alcohol inks
(Eggplant, Terra Cotta, Butterscotch)
Ink Applicator Tool (Felt)
Metallic Mixative Alcohol ink [Gold]
Ranger non-stick Craft Sheet
Movers & Shapers BaroqueDie
Die –cutting tool
Archival Ink pad
1. Place non-stick craft sheet down on work table.
- Paint your Grungeboard die cut with
- Let dry completely.
Note: You can use this technique on fabric or wood.
- Apply several colors of alcohol ink onto ink felt applicator; Shake Metallic Mixative and then add one drop to the applicator tool.
- Use the inked applicator tool to paint onto the painted grunge-board.
- Apply Blending Solution onto the ink felt applicator tool and stamp onto the painted and inked background. This will blend and move the colors around.
- Once your background is dry you can stamp an image with Archival Ink and then heat set to dry.
This is a finished piece I made using this technique; alcohol ink agate on grungeboard:
Come back soon!!