Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Papers with Jeanette

Welcome to the first edition of my 
Sunday Papers with Jeanette.
I love curling up in my comfy chair with a
fresh cup of coffee and the Sunday newspaper.
I'm also be addicted to designer papers.  I have
some that I haven't even used.  But, use them or not, I 
love them.  

What I'm going to show you today is one of my favorite
ways to use designer paper.  

Stamps Not Required



I'm using paper from Graphic 45
Steampunk Debutante
Turns out I didn't use the floral.
But, wait I used more things.


 See the small empty area?  That is where I worked on my piece.
First, I come up with a design.
Then I gathered up every thing that I might use.
Some gets used...some doesn't.
I hate to jump up and down once I get started.

I started by cutting around the large face on one of the sheets
of paper.  Next came smaller versions of the same face.
I found an arrangement that pleased me.  I eventually
added these with pop dots for a little dimension.
Next I put together lace, feathers and a butterfly pin
for the corner embellishment.
The lace I was using turned out to be too white.  I tinted it
by dunking it in coffee for a few minutes.  It is a much better
color now.  The sprockets or gears, or whatever they're called,
have amber acrylic dots in the center of each.  There are
smaller ones added on the base piece of designer paper.
Oh, you want to see the finished piece.  OK,
here you go....I call it
Softer Side of Steampunk.


Here is another that I did quite some time ago.  
This one I call Vintage Closet.


I started with ivory card stock to make the card.
I added all of my cut pieces from the designer 
paper to a panel of ivory card stock.
Embellished with flowers, lace and pearls.
The panel is outlined with gold gel pen.

Supply List
I've linked you directly to the OWSE shop page for each item
that we carry.
And, to a substitute is we don't carry the exact item.
If you would like to purchase any of the supplies...
we've made it very easy for you.

LOG IN 
AS YOU LINK TO EACH ITEM JUST
ADD IT TO YOUR SHOPPING CART.  
HOW EASY IS THAT.

Softer Side of Steampunk

Distress Ink - Ranger, Old Paper
Sprocket/Gears -  Tim Holtz, Advantus
Multi Color Rhinestones - Craft Designer
(substitute for amber acrylic dots)
Feathers - Local Craft Store
Butterfly Pin and Lace - Yard Sale find

Vintage Closet

 Ivory Card Stock - French Vanilla 5" x 7" 
Designer Paper - Unknown
Flowers -  Petaloo Petite Roses 
(Substitute Packs of different colors)
(substitute for pearls)

I hope you enjoyed 
Stamps Not Required.
Join me next week for another edition of
Sunday Papers with Jeanette

Jeanette