Tim Holtz birthday: 1-7-13
(Due to Tim's request I can't tell you how I made the base of the tag but can tell you how I completed the tag.)
If you Vol. 2 turn to page 41.
Several colors of distress inks were added around edge of tag after I finished the base of tag.
1. A portion of one of his stamps was inked with archival black on manila card stock, trimmed and then applied to tag with adhesive.
2. Next I stamped the airplane using archival black ink on a piece of brown chipboard (pizza box) cut out and applied to tag with 3-D dots.
3. The "enjoy the journey" was inked with archival black, while still wet, clear embossing powder was used to cover image, pour off and heat set to a clear glossy finish.
4. Tissue tapes was applied to top of tag.
5. Gold dabber paint was used to color a piece of chipboard, stamped with archival black ink, clear embossing was poured on and off and heat set to glossy finish. The crown was cut close.
6. The 7 from word play was die cut with chipboard and inked with distress stains, while wet with stain the 7 was dipped into the clear embossing three times and heat set to give a high gloss finish.
7. The crown was added to make it look like it was on top of the 7.
8. Gears and inked seam binding was added to tag to finish.
Many of these supplies can be purchased in club: http://ididitcreations.com/club/