Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Feature - happy new year

Hello, friends.  It's Melody here with another Friday Feature.  I normally make my own Christmas cards to send out, but every few years, I just don't get them done.  This was one of those years.  As an alternative, I decided to send out a some New Year cards.  Since this is the only paper crafting I've done this week, other than a couple of cards for my class next week, I thought I'd share it with you.  It's a very simple card, since I was making a bunch of them. 

My card base is light aqua and the sun and hill both started as white card stock.  Along the top and sides of the card base, I sponged turquoise and blue to give the look of the sky just starting to lighten at sunrise, with that lighter glow around the sun.

The sun is Spellbinders lotus pendant die.  To make it easy to release the card stock from the die, I used wax paper between the die and card stock.  I then added mustard seed and spiced marmalade distress inks to the sun with a sponge applicator.

For the snowy hill, I cut a curve freehand and then embossed the piece with musical flourish embossing folder from Provo Craft.  I added light aqua ink to highlight the raised embossing.

I glued on the sun and hill, and trimmed off the excess hanging over the edge.  The sentiment (SU) is stamped in jet black archival ink.

Some of the products used can be found at Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.

I want to wish you all a Happy New Year, and, as the sentiment inside my card says, "
May God
bless this trip
around the sun
with joy and
many amazing
moments.
 Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

4 comments:

Cris said...

What a beautiful card. Love the sentiment.

Unknown said...

very pretty Melody! Great sentiment!

Tammie Lee said...

such a wonderful card and message

lovely 2013 to you!

Cindi E said...

Cool! Love the sentiment and font!