Friday, November 22, 2013

Sea Salt - Ink - Water-BEAUTIFUL

 Fact or Fiction designer paper matched beautifully with the Ranger distress paint I used on the sides. Used Big shot to cut out layered flowers.  After I cut my flowers, I spritz them with water and crunch them into a ball and allow to dry. Carefully open them up and layer them.  Used some flat back pearls in the centers.  Dabbed distress stickles on the petals to glam them up.  I hand cut the leaves-I don't have a die for those.
 Layers:  doily, swirl cut from cricut cartridge, flowers.  Sentiment from Stampin Up was punched from fancy border punch.
The sides were gesso'd, then I used barn red distress paint dabber.  I spritzed water on top to activate the paint. Did more dabbing with a sea sponge.  While it was wet, I sprinkled sea salt on it and allowed to dry overnight.  (after I rubbed the salt off) I then stamped Paper Artsy stamp using purple and green pigment ink. Allowed to dry. What you end up with is a cool texture that is unique and interesting.  I attached round knobs for the feet on the bottom.

Going to make a cool gift for someone -or maybe I'll keep it for myself! 

Thanks for joining me today.  Have a GREAT Friday!!

Karen Conner