Monday, November 11, 2013

Here is a simple-to-do Home Decor project for your Thanksgiving Day decorations! Set it up on an easel and see how pretty it looks!


Here are the products I used to make this, you can get most of these at the Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium:

Wood Plaque 5 x 7 or 8 x 6 (preferred)
Quarter page of Thanksgiving Collage by Tim Holtz (or any collage you like)
Traditions Paint
Indian Yellow
Quinacridone Gold
Transparent Red Iron Oxide
Quinacridone Burnt Orange
Multi Surface Sealer
Satin Varnish

Tim Holtz Distress Ink Gathering Twigs
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink (or any embossing Ink)
Any brand Dark Gold Embossing Powder
Brass charms and embellishments
Floral stem with leaves
Tim Holtz Metal Corner Embellishment
Tim Holtz Falling Leaves Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Thankful Silhouettes Stamp Set

Heat Gun
Coffee Filter
Edge cutter
Glue
Ink Applicator with foam pad
1/2 inch Wash Brush
Sandpaper



5 comments:

smokeysmom said...

This video would be much easier to watch if you would have fast-forwarded through some of the techniques, like using the heat gun, painting each layer and embossing with the heat gun. Sorry to sound critical but the low pitch "screeching" in the video gave me a headache.

Unknown said...

pretty plaque!

Cindi E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindi E said...

Smokeysmom, Thanks for your input. I know that screeching sound comes up in the videos occasionally. I believe it is coming from my overhead light or possibly my computer and I would love to know how to eliminate it. Most often I do cut out the heat gun time and the other lengthy bits, but this time I left it in to show beginning embossers how to "wait" for the embossed look and how long to expect it to take. I have been asked questions about this subject recently where the embossing failed because the person did not know what to look for and how long it takes to heat. Also the painting every layer was included so it would be a tutorial for beginning painters. I hope you will try my videos again and will be more pleased with what you see. I welcome all comments and critiques, one can never stop learning better ways and ideas!

Cindi E said...

Thanks, Paula...I have it sitting on an easel on my coffee table with my decorated pumpkins!