Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Technique; Altered box

Happy Friday!

Thanks for joining us here at Crafting with OWSE.  Today I'm going to show you the steps I took to alter a box I bought at Goodwill for 50cents.

 The first thing to do is paint the edges that will be seen with Gesso.  Measure and cut a piece of designer paper to fit around the box and on the bottom.  I glued them on with Glue and Seal.  Once dry, I distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distress paint Vintage photo.
 Using G45 French Country paper, I fussy cut several items.  Glued them to the lid using Glue and seal.  I added some vintage lace around the edge.
 I diecut a piece of cardstock and ran it thru my Big Shot and embossed.  Then cut a small piece of G45 and glued to the center.
 I fussy cut the rooster and glued to the opposite side.
You can buy all the products used today at our shop.
Click here Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium

No comments: