Friday, October 4, 2013

Altered Shoebox Technique

This is the top of the box.
I adhered everything except the die cut flowers with Liquitex matt medium.
 This is one side-the other side matches. I fussy cut the daisy designer paper (from stash), used flower punch for the burgundy red flowers (paper is thick and textured),

the handmade flowers were 3 layers of die cut flowers.  After you cut them, spritz them with water and scrunch them up tight-allow to dry.  Gently open them up, distress the edges and layer with hot glue.  I added a flat back pearl to the center. 
I used thick designer paper by Kraft.  Measured top and bottom.  Stamped images using Black Archival Ink and colored them with Prisma colored pencils.

I also covered the inside with light designer paper.

You can get similar supplies in our store Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.  Everything is discounted 20-25% EVERY DAY!!

Almost anything can be upcycled.  This box is for a nine year old girl that loves horses.
I hope this encourages you to step outside the BOX  and create something new out of something old!

Have a blessed Friday
Karen Conner

1 comment:

Felicity said...

that's beautiful...
thank you for sharing