Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Technique Tuesday ~ Distress Re-inkers


Welcome to Technique Tuesday
by Judy Cantrell



This week I’ll share how to make a tag using a variety of Tim Holtz stamps, re-inkers and supplies.

1. Add several drops of Tim Holtz blue sapphire, peeled paint, wild honey and barn door Distress Re-inkers down in rows on craft sheet. Keep each color separate.

2. Pick up your tag; hold the tag at the top and drag or pull the tag through the Distress Re-inkers until you like the results.

My own notes: With the technique you will get the best results using a smooth finish tag. I make my tag using 14pt. file folders. [This is my own way to checking to feel how smooth the paper is; I run the paper or cardstock over my lips. If it feels smooth I use that side of the paper. Check it out you will be surprise how well it works!]

3. Heat set to dry.
4. Ink stamp with Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber [Snow Cap.] Stamp over the background. Let dry.
5. Ink and stamp butterflies with Archival black on the tag. Let dry.
6. Add Frosted Lace Stickles on three smaller butterflies. Let dry.
7. On small piece of white cardstock, stamp large butterfly with embossing ink add black embossing powder pour off extra; heat emboss. After it cools, cut-out butterfly and adhere body to the large butterfly.
6. Ink Tim’s foam stamp; letter b with black dabber paint and stamp on tag. Add the soar idea-ology to tag. Add fibers to finish.


To avoid plagiarism I used my own words on these instructions; otherwise as a quote from Tim Holtz.]

No comments: