Friday, January 17, 2014

Love is in the air-Mixed Media

Valentine's Day is right around the corner.  I made this tag to go onto a gift bag.
 
I wanted to use a large stamp I had.  Choose a designer paper that is neutral.  I stamped all over a 12x12 page with versa mark and then heat embossed the image with red embossing powder.
 
Then I cut a size to fit a card, a couple of tag sizes.  You can choose what you want to use it for-even a layout-it's your choice.
 
 
 The sentiment I simply typed up on my computer and printed and matted on black card stock.
 I hand drew a heart out of some old cardboard I took out of a frame.  Using my gelatos, I scribbled the color on it, used my finger to smudge until it was well blended.  I did ink the edges with walnut distress stain.

Are you making something special for your loved ones??  If you need supplies-check out Robyn's store Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium.  All inventory is 20-25% less than retail!!

They have lots of the new CHA items in the shop you can preorder them.  Check it out today!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen Conner

3 comments:

Cindi E said...

This is gorgeous!!

Robyn said...

Stunning!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I love it. I bought some red corrugated card stock a couple of weeks ago. Will be able to use that :)