Friday, February 28, 2014

God Bless You Tag

Happy Friday!!
I wanted to share this background technique I did.
I started with a 3 1/2 x 6 piece thin chipboard. I did a thin coat of gesso.
Allow to dry good.
Then using Tim Holtz distress stains I plopped it down in several areas so that it made
a SPLAT!
 then I lightly spritzed some water on it and let it mix around a little
 fold a paper towel in half and gently blot the darkest off. Allow to dry and then splat the bronzed pewter. I tapped the paper towel a little over it.  The pewter left a beautiful shiny finish which I adore!
 Then using a stencil and some cocoa ink and stenciled Hope for a cure.  I LOVE this stencil!!
I am a little biased because a good friend of mine designed the stencil. 
Hope for a cure Stencil #1070 @ Royal Inspirations by Retta
 Then I embellished my tag  with a piece of ripped cardboard (I spritzed with Lindy's Stamp Gang -which we now carry in the store!!)  I colored my cute bear image with Prisma colored pencils.  The little cut designer paper is from Graphic 45. Then I added an eyelet for a ribbon. 
 My finished tag below!
You can find almost all the products used here in Robyn's store:  Outlaw Women Scrapbook
Emporium.

I hope you have a fabulous Friday! Come back tomorrow for another project using Royal Inspirations by Retta!

Karen Conner

No comments: