Friday, November 25, 2011

Felonious Friday with Outlaw Gal - A Yiddle Bit More Christmas



I'm furiously making Christmas Cards but I just can't seem to get into the Assembly Line mood. Each card is different so far that I've made. At this rate by next Easter I will have my cards done.. LOL.
For this card I started out with the Sizzix Snowflakes Embossing Folder. I inked it with one of the new Tim Holtz Limited Edition Winter Distress Inks "Iced Spruce".. Ink up the side that opens up when you do this technique. I ran it through my Vagabond machine. Let dry and then I put glue on the snowflakes only and threw on a bunch of Glitter from Stamping Up called "Dazzling Diamonds". You have to let this all dry now and then edge the white cardstock with the Distress Ink "Gathered Twigs"

While this is drying I stamped my Santa. I used the Stamp Set from Tim Holtz called "Holiday Collections".. I put some black embossing powder on it once stamped and heat embossed. I edged this also with the Gathered Twigs..Then I put it through my Distrezz it all and really distressed the you know what out of it..

I wanted my card base to match my snowflake layer so I took the Iced Spruce Distress Ink and what Tim calls "Direct to Paper" I colored my white cardstock.. Once that dried I assembled my card. I added the trim and pearls..

Last I took my little Poinsetta flower and sprayed Perfect Pearls Mist "Heirloom Gold" on it so that shimmered also.. Voila one Shimmering and Glittering Christmas Card.. Maybe next year I'll start in the summer time and be ready by Christmas. LOL

Most every product I use can be bought at Outlaw Women Scrapbook Emporium. I used two Stamping Up Products. The glue and glitter.

see you next week with more Felonious Friday..

1 comment:

Kathy Eddy said...

i love this! Will have to try inking my folders.