Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Technique Tuesday ~ Resist by Judy Cantrell



This week I’ll share a Resist Technique.

I really liked the look from the designer paper on this technique.
.

This resist was made using a product
I’ve had in my stash for many years; it’s
Walnut Ink.
Walnut ink is made from
green husk that surrounds the nut of walnuts.
It can be found in liquid form or dry crystals.that can

be diluted with water before use.

With the end results you can

antique your project

to make it look old.
This product can be used to
make stains by mixing with other inks.


To begin:
Dust your paper with a little sack of pre-embossing powder 
to removed fingerprints.

Stamp your image
on smooth surface such as designer paper
or smooth cardstock with Clear Resist Ink.
Add clear embossing powder over the image, tap off extra.
Heat emboss clear embossing powder and let cool completely.
Now the fun part; spray Walnut ink over the embossed card to cover.
Tip card and let ink run around tag or card.
Let card sit in the pools of ink until almost dry.

 Note: If you are using designer paper

it's normal for the paper to curl up.
Use a cloth
and gently wipe off the extra ink.
I must admit I made three of these before I realized

I was having problems with

Fingerprints!

I forgot to pull out my little baby sock I made years ago that had baby powder in it to rid my tag of unwanted fingerprints. :(

Thanks for LQQKING!






3 comments:

Robyn said...

Love it Judy!!

Unknown said...

I just got a clear resist pad. Never tried it before. I think I will have to give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up about the fingerprints. I would not have realized that.

Cindi E said...

Judy, this is WAY COOL!